Saturday, September 15, 2012

Welcome to my blog

Hello! My name is Rebecca Powell. This is my first semester at BYU-Idaho and I love it so far! Everyone I have met so far has been really nice and friendly, my classes have all been interesting, I really enjoy my roommates, I love my apartment, and most of all I love the Spirit I feel all over campus and how gospel-oriented all of my classes are. So, just a little bit about me: I came up here to Idaho from Katy, Texas, though I call Idaho home because both of my parents grew up in Idaho, we visit almost every summer, and most of my family lives here. I have 6 people in my family, including me: my parents, a big brother, a younger sister, and a little brother.
My eldest brother is actually 2 years married with a little boy just born this past April.
I'm an aunt and I ADORE my little nephew!
I am majoring in Marriage and Family Studies with an emphasis in Home and Family. I absolutely LOVE horses (though, sadly, I'm very allergic to them) and have tried my hardest to learn as much as I can about them, even though I have never taken riding lessons are gotten anything close to owning one! I am taking a cluster in Equine Sciences though; I'm so excited! My favorite colors are pink and blue, I love to read, and I taught myself how to play the piano when I was 8 and have been very slowly progressing since then. I also play the violin and love to sing. I love and am very grateful for my family, including my extended family, and wish I could spend time with them every day! Lastly, I am very grateful for my membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and all of the blessings and guidance it has provided me throughout my life. I look forward to the rest of my semester, the things I will learn and the friends I will make!

7 comments:

  1. Very nice, Rebecca!

    Bro Williams

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the baby pictures! :)

    James

    ReplyDelete
  3. you. are. not. real. but your nephew is cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your nephew is so cute!!! Great to hear that college is going well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you really are enjoying this new faucet of your life. Families are great and I'm glad you think so. Continue to enjoy the learning.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete